Habitat for Humanity works in partnership with God and people everywhere, from all walks of life, to develop communities with God's people in need by building and renovating houses so that there are decent houses in decent communities in which people can live and grow into all that God intended.
1) Demonstrate the love and teachings of Jesus Christ.
2) Provide a way for sharing between the affluent and those in need.
3) Work in partnership with representative local leadership.
4) Select families in greatest need first, without favoritism or discrimination.
5) Construct simple, decent and affordable houses together.
6) Sell houses at no profit, no interest and use payments to build more houses.
Habitat Costa Rica Stats:
Houses completed: 350
Average cost of house: $5700
Average monthly payments: $35-$45
Years to pay off house: 8-12 years